apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: Is --enable-utf8 working everywhere?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:37:16 GMT

I did say I was using the libiconv-1.8 sources. It's from www.gnu.org.

> The apr-iconv port in-progress?

Not yet.

> Am I misinterpreting that this is a dummy module?

Yes and no. If you don't have the libiconv sources, it creates a dummy
(empty) iconv.lib and doesn't define APR_HAS_XLATE, etc. That's because
of MSVC project file idiosyncracies.

However, if you drop the libiconv sources into i18n/win32/libiconv,
build/win32iconv.bat will a) modify apr_config_iconv.h so that
APR_HAS_XLATE, HAVE_ICONV_H and HAVE_ICONV are defined in the right
places, and the _real_ iconv.lib/dll gets built and linked in.

Yes, I know that smells of hackishness, but it's the best I could come
up with on short notice without special tools (configure, etc)
available. And we really need this support in Subversion ASAP, it has to
go into our Alpha.

> Finally, it's libapriconv or libiconv.

Hm? I don't understand. What is libapriconv or libiconv?

> I'm reviewing the code now.  But I am confused.  Please enlighten
> me before you go checking this in... thanks,

Hope this is enlightening enough.

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/