apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: Is --enable-utf8 working everywhere?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 01:50:01 GMT
Right. Here's the patch that adds support for apr_xlate_* on Win32. I'd
like to get some feedback and independent testing before I check this in.
For APR:

    * cd to the top of the APR sources
    * unzip apr-winiconv.zip (new dirs and files there)
    * apply apr-winiconv.patch

For Apache:

    * cd to the top of the httpd-2.0 sources
    * apply httpd-winiconv.patch to Makefile.win (this is just so that
      iconv.dll gets installed in Apache's bin directory).

To enable the apr_xlate_* stuff, drop the libiconv sources into
i18n/win32/libiconv (I'm testing this with libiconv-1.8), and rebuild
APR/httpd/whatever.

Karl, about the file name conversions in Subversion: remember what I
said about APR using UTF-8 file names directly on some platforms? Well,
the conversions in SVN should probably be coded like this:

    char *utf8_filename = (something);
    char *native_filename;
  #ifdef WIN32
  # if APR_HAS_UNICODE_FS
    IF_WIN_OS_IS_UNICODE
    {
      native_filename = utf8_filename;
    }
  # endif
  # if APR_HAS_ANSI_FS
    ELSE_WIN_OS_IS_ANSI
    {
      native_filename = convert_utf8_to_locale_charset(utf8_filename);
    }
  # endif
  #else  /* !WIN32 */
    native_filename = convert_utf8_to_locale_charset(utf8_filename);
  #endif /* !WIN32 */

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/