apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a new proposal Re: Earth to APR????
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:02:17 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

>I'll say it again.  Leave apr_time_t alone.  If a program wants 1 second
>resolution, then they should be using time_t.  apr_time_t specifically
>provides microsecond resolution.

That's not a valid solution.  Even apps that need only
1-second resolution end up having to work with apr_time_t
because APR uses it for things like file stat times and
apr_rfc822_date().  Not that those parts of APR have any
real need for microsecond resolution, either--but they
force the app to use microseconds anyay.

--Brian