apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more notes on the apr_time_t issue
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:19:06 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

>>>Now, we are also talking about having macros to convert to and from
>>>decimal time values.  So, that would essentially be:
>>>

>>Fortunately, none of the proposals in STATUS have a decimal time
>>component.  It's something that's been discussed on the list, but
>>it doesn't affect the proposals or votes.
>>

>You have to have some way to get from APR's internal version of time to
>something that an external program can use, which means converting to a
>value that uses decimal time.

But that doesn't require adding a "decimal microseconds" type.
We already have the conversion capability, in the form of
apr_time_sec() and apr_time_usec().  With those macros, an
app can put a decimal time in whatever representation it
needs: integer, struct timeval, custom struct, or whatever.

--Brian