apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:56:04 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

>Can we start this conversation over completely?

I think we just did that yesterday. :-)

>Currently we are
>arguing over names for a new type, but I don't think we actually know
>the problem that we are trying to solve.

The problem is that don't have a consensus on whether to name
the type based on an abstract of time or a specific implementation.
I like the abstract naming approach, for example, while wrowe
likes the implementation-specific name.  apr_butime_t (for the
absolute time) was one name that we both could agree on.

For the interval time, if apr_busec_t doesn't work, how about
apr_budelta_t or apr_budelta_time_t or apr_butime_delta_t?

View raw message