apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] Experimental libtool replacement
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:44:11 GMT
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 04:38:16AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I've succeeded in getting my libtool variant (C-based) to compile,
> link, and install httpd-2.0/apr/apr-util on Darwin.
>
> You may find code, patches, timings, and a brief readme at:
>   http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/jlibtool/
>
> Since there wasn't a (public) response last time to my post, I'll
> keep these patches outside of the tree.  But, since it is an
> opt-in, I wouldn't foresee any problems if we were to accept these
> patches as it doesn't break GNU libtool usage.

just so you know people are interested, i'd be quite pleased to see
this in the tree, since i know i'd like to be able to build on os x in
half the time ;-)

> I'm now going to be moving on to making this work with Subversion.

cool!

thanks for working on this.  libtool needs to die if at all possible,
and i'm glad to see someone taking this on.

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                    Remember, any design flaw you're
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net      sufficiently snide about becomes