apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject [UPDATE] Experimental libtool replacement
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:38:16 GMT
I've succeeded in getting my libtool variant (C-based) to compile,
link, and install httpd-2.0/apr/apr-util on Darwin.

You may find code, patches, timings, and a brief readme at:
  http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/jlibtool/

Since there wasn't a (public) response last time to my post, I'll
keep these patches outside of the tree.  But, since it is an
opt-in, I wouldn't foresee any problems if we were to accept these
patches as it doesn't break GNU libtool usage.

I'm now going to be moving on to making this work with Subversion.

Anyway, a *full* build of httpd-2.0 in half the time than it takes
to build APR with GNU libtool.  I'm happy.  -- justin