apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Is --enable-utf8 working everywhere?
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:41:43 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> > Are you suggesting something will change the value of 'errno' during
> > this code, such that the errno being tested isn't the value being
> > returned??
>
> I don't think Ulrich is concerned with *correctness*. His comments are about
> resulting code size and performance. I think Ulrich hasn't been clear in
> that regard, but you (Jim) are also (seemingly) tending to be a bit
> obstinate in wanting to do it your way :-)

No, Ulrich was *not* clear on what the problem was, and that's the reason
why I was being so obstinate, not so much for "my" way but *why* he
wanted/needed it the other way.

Now that we all know what he was driving at, we're in better shape to
address it. For my part, if the use of a temp variable to avoid
"too many errno calls" results in measureable differences, then
why not.