apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Is --enable-utf8 working everywhere?
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:09:55 GMT
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 05:39:52PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 11:00, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> > >     int *func_call();
> > >     #define errno *func_call()
> > >=20
> > >     I don't see the problem with "return errno;" though.
> >
> > The problem is not
> >
> >   return errno;
> >
> > it is
> >
> >   return errno ? errno : EINVAL;
> >

> Are you suggesting something will change the value of 'errno' during
> this code, such that the errno being tested isn't the value being
> returned??

I don't think Ulrich is concerned with *correctness*. His comments are about
resulting code size and performance. I think Ulrich hasn't been clear in
that regard, but you (Jim) are also (seemingly) tending to be a bit
obstinate in wanting to do it your way :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/