apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more notes on the apr_time_t issue
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:23:54 GMT
On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 07:54:23PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> BTW, nsec is completely bogus.  There isn't an OS that I know of that
> reports nsec intervals.  Windows comes the closest with 100 nsec chunks,

On *BSD platforms, stat() returns nanoseconds in a timespec struct
or in the st_?timensec variable for the {amc}time values.  Therefore,
it is conceivable to have nsec support in apr_time_t to represent
file times efficently (if the underlying OS supports it).

So, I don't believe nsec support is as far-fetched as it first
sounds.  -- justin