apr-dev mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr renames_pending
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:00:39 GMT
* William A. Rowe, Jr. (wrowe@rowe-clan.net) wrote :
> At 01:39 PM 7/10/2002, you wrote:
> >wrowe       2002/07/10 11:39:54
> >
> >  Modified:    .        renames_pending
> >  Log:
> >    Reorder alpha, and clarify apr_group_id_/apr_user_id_ [still some
> >    discussion on those.]
> >
> >  +apr_group_id_get                 from apr_get_groupid
> >  +apr_group_id_compare                from apr_compare_groups
> >
> >  +apr_user_homepath_get            from apr_get_home_directory
> >  +apr_user_id_get                  from apr_get_userid
> >  +apr_user_id_current              from apr_current_userid
> >  +apr_user_id_compare              from apr_compare_users
> >  +apr_user_name_get                from apr_get_username
>
> The more I look at this, the odder it seems.
>
> We define apr_uid_t and apr_gid_t as our user and group id's.  These
> should all become either apr_userid_xxx or apr_uid_xxx (same with gid).
>
> Opinions on apr_userid_/apr_groupid_ v.s. apr_uid_/apr_gid_ ?
Hrm, think I prefer apr_(u|g)id_
-Thom

--
Thom May -> thom@planetarytramp.net

<jdub> 	 My personal chef for the night is cooking up a storm!
<liedra> You have a personal chef? Neato
<jdub>	 yeah, it rocks.
<liedra> Who is it?
<jdub>	 Well, me
<jdub>	 But if I talk in a French accent, I hardly even notice.