apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New apr_poll() implementation
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 07:43:32 GMT
On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:11:59PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> parameters.  I would like to fix that mistake for apr_poll now, as long
> as we are changing the implementation.

Getting back to this conversation for a brief second, I think the
additional parameter with the fd count is unneeded (but for a
different reason than IN/OUT).  The count should be stored in
apr_pollfd_t - it does not need to be passed into apr_poll().

Since you have to call apr_poll_socket_{add|remove}, you can't
populate apr_pollfd_t on your own (which is something you can do
with pollfd, hence why poll() needs the count).  apr_poll_setup()
should take the maximal size and init the counter to 0.  As fds
are added or removed, the counter is adjusted.

BTW, we also need apr_poll_file_{add|remove} (seems to be missing
from rbb's patch).  -- justin