apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: next steps for changing apr_time_t?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 08:03:46 GMT
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 12:46:04AM -0700, Brian Pane wrote:
>     How much will this impact other APR-based apps (SVN, Flood, etc),
>     and is now a good time to break things?

Flood shouldn't be too bad to convert as it isn't that large.
SVN only knows that apr_time_t is in usec's in very few places, but
there are a lot of places where apr_time_t is passed to these helper
functions.

So, a rename would hurt a lot more than just breaking the
apr_time_t value.  Since APR isn't 1.0, I'm not that concerned about
backwards-compatibility.  And, apr_time_t seems like the best name.

If you can post any patches a few days before committing them, I
can try to get corresponding flood and SVN patches ready for when
you commit to httpd-2.0/APR.  -- justin