apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal to add apr_check_dir_empty() to APR
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 21:31:05 GMT
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 02:15:16PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> which it isn't.  2)  APR_EGENERAL doesn't really mean anything and
> should never have been added to the code.  There is no such thing as a

APR_EGENERAL is probably used where an APR_FAILURE would work much
better.  In fact, I really like that idea.  In a lot of functions,
it is possible to either return an apr status code, success, or just
plain failure where it doesn't make sense to create yet another error
code for one function (esp. when that function isn't within APR).

IMHO, APR_TRUE and APR_FALSE are really bad ideas...

And, I think APR_EEXIST makes the most sense for
apr_dir_check_empty().  -- justin