apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 07:46:04 GMT
Based on the votes in STATUS, there's a consensus in favor of changing
from the current apr_time_t implementation to a binary microseconds
implementation.  Meanwhile, I've removed most of the dependencies on
the old design from the httpd-2.0 code.

A couple of important questions remain, though:

    How much will this impact other APR-based apps (SVN, Flood, etc),
    and is now a good time to break things?

    Should the new data type still be called apr_time_t?  (My own
    preference is to change the name so that existing applications
    will break predictably at compile time rather than unpredictably
    at run time.)

--Brian