apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apr renames_pending
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:02:01 GMT
> From: Thom May [mailto:thom@planetarytramp.net]
>
> * wrowe@apache.org (wrowe@apache.org) wrote :
> > wrowe       2002/07/15 00:42:35
> >
> >   Modified:    .        renames_pending
> >   Log:
> >     Two down.  Don't know if I agree with the entire host of these
> becoming
> >     apr_socket_ foo, but, well... I won't argue.
> Please do. That was why I commited them, in the hopes of some
> discussion...

Shoot, I've been in every other discussion this week.  I'll just say
this.  The original names were to keep APR and POSIX names in sync.
That was to leverage the huge number of POSIX programmers out there.  We
only used different names from POSIX when we were implementing something
that POSIX doesn't have, or when our implementation didn't look anything
like POSIX.

Just a thought.

Ryan