apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: New Test Suite
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:35:52 GMT
> > Okay,  I have looked at two different test suite options.
> >
> > 1)  Check   --  GPL licensed.  Doesn't work on Windows.
> > http://check.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > 2)  CuTest  --  Zlib license.  Doesn't currently work on Unix, but I
> > have patches already.  I'll be submitting them later today.
> > http://cutest.sourceforge.net/
>
> Why don't you take a look at the test framework that was cooked up
> in subversion?
>
>     http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/tests/
>
> It is currently only used for subversion, but I think you will be able
> to leverage that code with little effort.  Also, on the plus side, it
> is APR based [back to eating our own dogfood ;]

This is actually the one time that we can't eat our own dog food.
Remember that the whole point of the test suite is to prove that you
have implemented APR correctly.  If we implement the test suite on top
of APR, then you need to have an APR implementation before you can test
it.  That just doesn't work.  The test suite needs to be so generic that
I can begin to test the file part of APR before I ever touched the
process/thread part.

Ryan