apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: AF_UNIX sockets in APR...
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:18:58 GMT
Yeah, but this is really the thin end of the wedge... :(

What's next? Given that we seem to be adding this because "it's easy on
unix" do we now have to start adding all the windows features we like? Oh
no, we're mainly unix folks aren't we? Sorry, but comments like this make me
verge more on the -1 than -0...

We've talked about this before and we've said that what we're lacking is a
IPC api, not that we're lacking AF_LOCAL support.

APR does not exist to scratch everyones individual itch. Sorry Pier.

david