apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: more notes on the apr_time_t issue
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 16:16:17 GMT
> From: Jim Jagielski [mailto:jim@jaguNET.com]
>
> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> >

> > Therefore, I think it has to be:
> >
> > apr_dsec_t mytime = apr_time_dsec_now();
> >
> > apr_busec_t mytime = apr_time_busec_now();
> >

> How about apr_time_now(...) with an enum parameter that defines
> the return type.

That is going to slow down the apr_time_now function, because we will
need multiple if checks every time we get the time.

I really hate where our time implementation is going.  It used to be
VERY simple, and easy to modify and use.  From looking at this
conversation, it sounds like we are about to go to a VERY complex
implementation that is hard to modify and use.  :-(

Ryan