apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Is --enable-utf8 working everywhere?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:44:13 GMT
> From: Ulrich Drepper [mailto:drepper@redhat.com]
>
> On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 17:49, Blair Zajac wrote:
>
> > We don't need to make a copy of errno.
>
> Oh yes, we do.  When it comes to interaction with the C library you
can
> believe me.  errno is no simple variable on almost all systems.  So,
use
> the patch as I wrote it, please.

You most definitely do not need to make a copy of errno.  As proof, we
don't make copies of it anywhere in APR, and it works on every platform
we have tried.

While errno is not a simple variable, compilers are smart enough to
treat it as if it is a simple variable, so just 'return errno' works
everywhere.

Ryan