apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Breaking something? Now is the time?
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:58:31 GMT
At 02:11 PM 6/28/2002, Brian Pane wrote:
>I want to break something: binary compatibility for the pool API.
>
>This has been on my list for a long time, but I haven't yet had
>time to implement it.

What you are describing is [was] SMS.

Even with the opaque structure, we are still facing derefs that will
significantly alter performance.

Definately look in CVS's attic for the original implementation to
start with.

We don't have the time to implement this in the current Apache
release cycle [2.0.40] given the issues people raised with the
original SMS implementation.  I suggest that -if- we prove this
is viable, we introduce it with the rollout of version 1.0.

Bill