apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Building apr-util with ldap support
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:09:40 GMT
Josh Fenlason wrote:

> I'm trying to build apr-util with ldap support so I can try to get ldap
> authentication working with Apache2.  I working on a Solaris 2.8 box, with
> Apache2.0.39, and the Netscape ldap sdk.  I set the --with-ldap-include
> and --with-ldap-lib parameters when running configure.  What is the value
> of --with-ldap be?

Just say ./configure --with-ldap

When ./configure runs, it will tell you about the LDAP stuff after the
section that says "Configuring Apache Portable Runtime Utility library...":

On my system with OpenLDAP it says this:

checking for APR... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for ldap support...checking for ldap_init in -lldap50... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl41... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl40... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl30... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl20... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... yes
   setting LIBS to "-lldap -llber"
   setting APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS to "-lldap -llber"
checking for ldapssl_install_routines in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_start_tls_s in -lldap... yes
checking for ber_init in -llber... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking for lber.h... yes
checking for ldap_ssl.h... no
checking for gdbm.h... (cached) yes
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... (cached) yes

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm