apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: apr_private.h not being built properly on daedalus (freebsd 4.6) today
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:48:29 GMT
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 06:53:16PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 06:17:41PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> > > talk about PRs coming our way for people upgrading FreeBSD...  first,
> > > old builds are suddenly unreliable, and new builds are impossible
> > > without switching to GNU sed!!!!!
> >
> > is this on a fairly recent freebsd -STABLE system?  if so, there were
> > some recent changes to sed that were merged from -CURRENT with one
> > critical bugfix not merged.  the offending bug has been fixed
> > (according to what i read on the lists, i haven't seen myself), so if
> > you cvsup to a more recent -STABLE and rebuild sed, it might be fixed.
> > if it isn't, then you should send a message about this to the freebsd
> > people, as sed is a damn important thing to have broken.
>

> Can you tell from this if we have the latest STABLE?
>
> process.c:  "$FreeBSD: src/usr.bin/sed/process.c,v 1.10.2.5 2002/06/26 16:49:28 obrien
Exp $";

the latest sed bug fix was MFC'd by dillon in revision 1.10.2.6 of process.c,
so you're a bit out of date.

try grabbing the new version and rebuilding sed.

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                    Remember, any design flaw you're
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net      sufficiently snide about becomes