apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: apr_private.h not being built properly on daedalus (freebsd 4.6) today
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:37:29 GMT
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 06:17:41PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> talk about PRs coming our way for people upgrading FreeBSD...  first,
> old builds are suddenly unreliable, and new builds are impossible
> without switching to GNU sed!!!!!

is this on a fairly recent freebsd -STABLE system?  if so, there were
some recent changes to sed that were merged from -CURRENT with one
critical bugfix not merged.  the offending bug has been fixed
(according to what i read on the lists, i haven't seen myself), so if
you cvsup to a more recent -STABLE and rebuild sed, it might be fixed.
if it isn't, then you should send a message about this to the freebsd
people, as sed is a damn important thing to have broken.

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                    Remember, any design flaw you're
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net      sufficiently snide about becomes