apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Only ONE back-compat hole discovered.
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:39:05 GMT
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:42:12AM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> The options on this are:

<snip, snip, snip>

> Thoughts?

5) Do nothing as APR isn't released yet.

Personally, I don't care about backwards compatibility until
we hit 1.0 of APR.  However, the fact that so much of APR has
stayed the same probably means that we can jump to 1.0.

Anyone feel lucky?  httpd-2.0 has gone GA for a bit and SVN
is about to hit alpha.  Not to mention flood's now been ported
to Win32.  So, if there's something really wrong with the APR
API, we haven't seen it yet.  And, if there is something really
wrong, well, that's what APR 2.0 is for.  -- justin