apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Packaging/version question
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:08:11 GMT
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 08:56:25PM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> Hi folks.  For creating binary packages of APR and APR-util, would it be
> acceptable to use package versions of "0.9" until an official APR
> release is made, since I've seen talk of the first release being "1.0"?

FWIW, I think the SVN Linux and FreeBSD packages use the date rather
than a version number for its bundled APR and APR-util.  I would
recommend doing that rather than placing a bogus version number on it
that the ASF would be expected to support.

Now, if we decide that we want to start moving towards releasing
APR on our own, that's a different story.  However, before doing
so, we'd have to resolve all of the compat/versioning stuff.  And,
wrowe just made that task harder with his recent commits to add
backwards compat for APR to the httpd 2.0.35 release.  We'd have
to revert all of that before releasing APR on its own.  -- justin