apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: can we require libtool 1.4 ?
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 10:12:15 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> libtool 1.3 has problems with intra-library dependencies. This is making
> some of the dependency stuff in apr(-util) a bit more complicated than it
> needs to be.
>
> The simple answer is to require libtool 1.4.

Two concerns:

1) libtool 1.4.2 fails on HP-UX.  One of the Apache tarballs was
   created with libtool 1.4.2 but it didn't work on HP-UX.  Maybe
   1.4.x works on HP-UX.

2) Don't be surprised if libtool doesn't properly support this feature
   everywhere (e.g., AIX).  Isn't this what we found was broken with
   libtool 1.4.2 on AIX?

If somebody has a patch, I'm willing to try it on AIX and HP-UX.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...