apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apr-util/include apr_buckets.h
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 21:16:56 GMT
On Fri, 31 May 2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I considered that, but I am actually thinking of the future, where there
> are different types of data.  For example, when we want to send the
> headers down the filter stack as a part of the brigade, that is metadata
> and should be marked as such.  However, the headers are likely to be in
> HEAP buckets, which means that the metadata flag really has to be in the
> bucket itself, not the bucket_type.

That's a different definition of metadata than the one I was using, in
that by that method the length would be non-zero.  I always envisioned the
header data as being in a new type of bucket, one which contains an
apr_table_t as metadata and is zero-length.  The length should always mean
data, never metadata.

--Cliff