apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/buckets apr_brigade.c
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 21:13:22 GMT
On Thu, 23 May 2002, Greg Stein wrote:

> All right. I'll change my vote from a -1 to a -0, with several changes to
> the function:
>
> * stop the insanity of calling buckets "e". name the variable "bkt" or
>   "last_bkt" or *something* besides "e". I'm not sure how the stupid
>   convention got started, but we should endeavor to change it.
>
> * similarly, we should be using "bb" more often for the bucket brigade
>   variables.
>
> * iterate "str" itself, and use "saved_start" for the length determination;
>   this drops the final assignment inside the 'if' block

That sounds like a fair trade.  Thanks.

> At some point, apr_brigade_write() got broken. When the HEAP bucket at the
> end of the brigade fills up, the flush function should be called. The
> current code allocates *another* heap bucket. With this logic, it is
> possible to grow a brigade without any periodic flushing. *very* bad.

That could be my fault from when I got rid of the awful awful beast that
was check_brigade_flush().  I *thought* I was very careful to keep the
exact semantics, but I might have missed this case.  I'll take another
look at it.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com