apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Removing APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS macro
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 21:13:44 GMT
On Fri, 10 May 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> > if (my_apr_err) {
> >   ..uh-oh...
> > }
>
> this one bad.
>

> > if (my_apr_err != APR_SUCCESS) {
> >   ..uh-oh...
> > }
>
> this one good. :)

What Aaron said.  :)  And in re the APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS macro itself,
we're not using that *anywhere* that I know of.  Hmm.. okay, a few places.
But I can count them on my fingers.

root@deepthought:/root/apache/httpd-2.0-8# find . -name "*.[ch]" -exec
grep -l APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS {} \;
./modules/filters/mod_include.c
./modules/generators/mod_cgi.c
./modules/generators/mod_cgid.c
./server/util_script.c
./server/util_time.c
./srclib/apr/file_io/netware/filestat.c
./srclib/apr/file_io/unix/filestat.c
./srclib/apr/include/apr_errno.h

Do we really need the ERROR_SUCCESS and NO_ERROR thingies?  Do they ever
happen?  If not, or if we can *make* it so they don't (which of course we
could ;), I'd be very +1 for getting rid of the macro.  Somebody on Win32
will probably come up with a good reason though.  But if that's the case,
why don't we use the thing?

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com