apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: libapr* ...
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 14:06:02 GMT

[moving this to dev@apr where it belongs]

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> A couple of questions here ... I'm looking at the APR work that has been
> done, specifically in relation to the shared memory on win32 work, with an
> eye to making use of it to work towards a 'native' version of PgSQL
> instead of having to run through Cygin ...

> Reading the license itself, use of that code shouldn't constitute a
> problem, nor conflict with our BSD license ... unless I'm reading it
> wrong, they are relatively complementary ... is this correct?

That's correct.  Apache and BSD licenses are compatible.  We use code from
FreeBSD in APR and Apache itself frequently, actually.

> Assuming that I am correct, and that such use is/would be acceptable,
> has anyone thought to pull it out of the apache dist and create a
> libapr.tar.gz package, similar to the libapreq.tar.gz stuff I see on the
> ftp site?

For now you can download snapshot tarballs.  A release tarball will be
available when APR reaches 1.0 (which probably isn't that many months

   Cliff Woolley
   Charlottesville, VA

View raw message