apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@ntrnet.net>
Subject Re: libapr* ...
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 15:25:20 GMT

This should be on dev@apr.apache.org.  I have copied that list.

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> A couple of questions here ... I'm looking at the APR work that has been
> done, specifically in relation to the shared memory on win32 work, with an
> eye to making use of it to work towards a 'native' version of PgSQL
> instead of having to run through Cygin ...

GREAT!

> Reading the license itself, use of that code shouldn't constitute a
> problem, nor conflict with our BSD license ... unless I'm reading it
> wrong, they are relatively complementary ... is this correct?

The Apache license is BSD based, so you shouldn't have any problems.

> Assuming that I am correct, and that such use is/would be acceptable, has
> anyone thought to pull it out of the apache dist and create a
> libapr.tar.gz package, similar to the libapreq.tar.gz stuff I see on the
> ftp site?

Yes we have, and this is definately in plan.  The problem recently has
been one of time rather than desire.  I believe most of us would like to
do a release of APR, and we would like to create binary and source
packages, but we just haven't had time.  I personally, am finishing a
major project in the next month, and I hope to become more involved again
as soon as that project is done.  My first hope is to work on the APR
distribution system.

Welcome aboard....

Ryan

550 Jean St