apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: build error on win32
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 19:43:41 GMT
Patrik Husfloen wrote:

> I'm getting an error building svn on win32 using VC6.
> I've got the latest version of apr, apr-util and svn (just got them
> from cvs/svn)
> if anyone can confirm this it would be great.
>
> libsvn_subr.lib(svn_error.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
> symbol _apr_allocator_set_mutex@8
> Release/svn.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

This looks like a bug in APR. Both apr_allocator_set_mutex and
apr_allocator_get_mutex are defined with APR_INLINE in apr_pools.c,
which is clearly major bogosity. Either that APR_INLINE shoudl go away,
or the inline definitions should move to a header (probably
apr_allocator.h, where they're declared now), and made static.

Sander, looks like you're the culprit here (the rev 1.159 commit). Comments?

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/