apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/buckets apr_brigade.c
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 23:25:13 GMT
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:07:35PM -0000, jwoolley@apache.org wrote:
> jwoolley    02/05/28 14:07:35
>
>   Modified:    buckets  apr_brigade.c
>   Log:
>   Refactor apr_brigade_write() one more time to regain a bit of behavior
>   that was lost when check_brigade_flush() was removed, which is that
>   if we have a heap bucket at the end of the brigade and it just doesn't
>   have enough space left in it, we should flush rather than creating
>   a new buffer bucket.

Just for sanity's sake... you had sent this to me for review. Obviously, I
didn't get to it before you checked it in :-) But I just reviewed it. It
looks great!

I've CC'd Ben Collins to try this on his large SVN repository to see if it
helps remove the latency on the 'update' process.

[ Ben: update to the latest apr-util and try this out ]

Thanks a bunch, Cliff!

Cheers,
-g

--