apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Local sockets
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 03:28:52 GMT
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 05:49:39PM -0400, Karsten Huneycutt wrote:
> I hereby get down on my knees beg for support for this type of socket.
> If it is the lack of time to code it that is holding it up, I'll gladly
> take a stab at implementing it. I haven't played much with the internals
> of the code, only the headers with the intent of using the library, but
> I'm more than willing to learn if it means I can make my application
> even more able to wash its hands of platform-specific complexity.

I agree.  I think we should have support for Unix domain sockets
and return APR_ENOTIMPL on those platforms without it.  I know
I've posted patches before that do this.  You'd have to search
the archives to find them (don't have MsgId's handy, sorry).

IIRC, the rest of the group was dead-set against this.  Perhaps the
fact that more people are interested will sway them.  -- justin