apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS macro
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 20:29:49 GMT
On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 01:22:39PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> If it does the same thing as (foo == APR_SUCCESS) then why remove it?

It may possibly include the OS-specific error code (i.e NO_ERROR)
(Win32 and DOS).  Since none of the httpd code is using this, I'd
rather we just standardize on a single convention.

> OTOH, I don't think we should be encouraging non-zero checks on status
> values.

I'm not terribly sure what you mean by this.  Is this what you mean:

if (my_apr_err) {
  ..uh-oh...
}

versus:

if (my_apr_err != APR_SUCCESS) {
  ..uh-oh...
}

Hopefully, the compiler will treat those the same.  I'll leave that
distinction up to whomever is writing the code.  -- justin