apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject problem building apr-util with old apr headers on the system
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 18:03:05 GMT
hi,

in the process of upgrading the freebsd apr port to a more recent
snapshot, i ran into a problem where i was picking up old apr headers,
which broke the build for apr-util.

it seems like i can work around the problem by simply changing the
order of the INCLUDES line in the Makefile.in's in apr-util.

replacing

INCLUDES = @APR_INCLUDES@ @APRUTIL_INCLUDES@ @APRUTIL_PRIV_INCLUDES@

with

INCLUDES = @APR_INCLUDES@ @APRUTIL_PRIV_INCLUDES@ @APRUTIL_INCLUDES@

lets the build complete.  the problem is that @APRUTIL_INCLUDES@ has
-I/usr/local/include in it, since we're using a version of expat
that's installed in /usr/local.  unfortunately, the old apr headers
are also in /usr/local/include, thus the problem.

is there any reason not to simply switch the order of these includes?

thanks,

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                    Remember, any design flaw you're
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net      sufficiently snide about becomes