apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc G. Fournier" <scra...@hub.org>
Subject shm* equivalents (Was: Re: libapr* ...)
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 13:23:39 GMT

Morning all ...

	Just wondering if anyone has looked at (or does it already exist)
creating a simple SysV SHM compatibility API, so that it 'plugs-n-plays'
nicer with existing programs?

For instance, what is equivalent to:

int shmget(key_t key, int size, int flag);

Looking through unix/shm.c, I would guess:

APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_shm_create(apr_shm_t **m,
                                         apr_size_t reqsize,
                                         const char *filename,
                                         apr_pool_t *pool)

but, of course, the fields don't match up ...

Same with:

void * shmat(int shmid, void *addr, int flag);

being:

APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_shm_attach(apr_shm_t **m,
                                         const char *filename,
                                         apr_pool_t *pool)

What I'm looking to do with the PgSQL stuff is have a function:

pg_shmget()

that has an if defined(USE_APR), replace the standard shmget()/etc calls
with an appropriate apr_* call ... but looking at the APR API more
closely, I'm not sure if they are as 'similar' as I originally
thought/hoped ... :(