apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.36 tagged
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:35:24 GMT
"Sander Striker" <striker@apache.org> writes:

>  - atomics compile issue
>
>    This bites us on some versions of Linux.
>    If we cannot resolve this within a reasonable
>    timeframe I suggest we fall back to the default
>    implementation on troublesome platforms for this
>    release*.

Should we consider adding --disable-atomic to APR for the time being
to allow people to work around the inability to compile that stuff on
some software combinations?

(I haven't really followed the problems closely; I just know that a
number of people have encountered such problems on Solaris and Linux.
Maybe the problems are mostly due to bad build tool setup and we'd be
better off trying to detect common problems and issuing a message that
would help them fix it.)

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...