apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/locks/unix crossproc.c locks.c proc_mutex.c
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:04:30 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> Also, we don't know how these things work in practice.  What if (wild
> hypothesis) Solaris has it but the default kernel config allows only a
> handful of them?  Then we start getting PRs from a bunch of the people
> who did --disable-threads on Solaris (and therefore aren't using
> pthread mutexes) and don't understand that "Out of space on device"
> means their system isn't configured for enough posix sems?

How could I forget :)  Instead of failing the reference to pthread
mutex stuff at link time, those morons at Sun let you pick up broken
pthread_mutex support if you didn't add the thread libraries so my
wild hypothesis about --disable-threads getting you posix sems on
Solaris is way wrong and in fact something far more sinister may
happen!!! ( :) )  (no, I didn't test the fear/theory)

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...