apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: apr_bucket_file_create() args...
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 04:34:03 GMT
On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 10:14 PM 4/1/2002, FirstBill wrote:
>
> >Humm... I would be suprised if sendfile has a limit like this. If it
> >does, then it is a bug in the OS IMHO. In principle, sendfile should
> >work on any file supported by the OS...
>
> Where do you see 64 bits of size here?
> BOOL TransmitFile(
> );

As an aside, I find the 56MB number totally unsurprising.  I've seen
WriteFile() on win2k do the same thing (also at right around 56MB).  We
were getting these baffling file corruptions and couldn't figure out what
was going on... until we figured out it was just one the damn writes
failing, saying there were insufficient resources to complete the
operation.  (I forget the exact error code.)  We had to write a utility
function to loop on WriteFile() with bite-sized chunks, and then it
worked.  Ridiculous.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com