apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Jim volunteers - ASF libtool liaison
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:51:22 GMT

Hi Jim,

> Good ASF members and developers... as those of you on the APR and HTTPD
> lists are aware, there is a growing need for some of the patches and
> improvements that we've run into regarding (mostly) libtool, to be
> forwarded back to the libtool team. To make it easier to coordinate
> this, I'm volunteering to be the liaison between the ASF and the
> libtool team (this can grow to the Auto* team as well, if the
> need arises).
>
> At present, it appears that libtool 1.4.2 is not compatible with
> at least 2 platforms that Apache 2.0 runs on: Darwin (OS X) and AIX.
> If others on other projects have run into similar problems, please
> send me your patches, and I'll coordinate them with the libtool
> team. I'm sure the feedback will be appreciated!

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/libtool/

is a good starting point.

It shows in the support section there is an open issue called:
"conveniece libraries under darwin?".  Have we tried to submit
the bug there?

Also there are some open patches in the patch manager.  Did
we try to submit the patches there?

In the members section you can find email addresses that might
be of use to establish contact.

Sander