apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: expat config.*
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:56:44 GMT
> If the copyright holders of those files are content to let us make
> those changes (clearly marked as with apr's copy of these files) and
> then distribute the modified files with an exception to the GPL, that
> is one thing. However, in the new config.guess/config.sub files checked
> in for expat I'm not seeing even that notice.

Those files are not under the GPL.  The autoconf distros very clearly state
that, when used with a configure generated by autoconf, those files can
be included and distributed under the SAME LICENSE AS THE REST OF THE
PACKAGE.  In other words, they are under the Apache license when included
in our package and we can change them as we see fit provided that the
changes are clearly delineated from the original content.  The changes
are placed in the public domain to make life easier for the autoconf
maintainers when they eventually pick them up.

....Roy