apr-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Fogel <kfo...@newton.ch.collab.net>
Subject Re: useless return values for apr_md5_*() functions...
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:13:18 GMT
"Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com> writes:
> -1 (not a veto)
>
> With the release of a major application (Apache 2.0), the APR API should not change unless
> there is a compelling reason. This is not a compelling reason.

Sure, it can wait, no problem.

However, I can see how this situation might start to get painful for
APR developers, as more and more applications use APR.  Apache 2.0 is
just one of N dependents; is there some reason Apache's release
process should affect the rate of APR development for everyone?

If Apache needs a less turbulent APR during release, perhaps it would
make sense to branch APR, so Apache developers can control which
changes affect them during that period.  The trunk could continue as
before.

Thoughts?

-Karl