apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr_bucket_file_create() args...
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 04:00:37 GMT
It would be, except that we won't handle more than ONE size_t's worth
of data at a time within a single bucket.

The patch to normalize to one size_t's worth of data took a 71 line delta.
The patch to normalize to any off_t's worth of data was at 500 lines and
growing when I gave up.

I've said it a dozen times on list, when someone writes a patch that
builds clean [and is correct, I suppose there is a distinction there :-]
then I'll entertain the change.  I'm not surprised there have been no
takers, I tried myself long before I gave up and worked in size_t's.

Note that sendfile would -never- succeed on more than a size_t's
worth ... for that matter, I believe the cap is 56MB by one of the
IBM coder's own experiments.