apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Travis <jtra...@covalent.net>
Subject Solaris binary compatability bug
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:22:23 GMT
I'm having a small problem with binary compatability between Solaris 2.6
and a particular Solaris 8 box that I have.  If I build a simple program
on a 2.6 box and call:

apr_sockaddr_info_get(..., "255.255.255.255", ...)

It works fine on the 2.6 box, but fails on the 8.x box.  There is a
check in the configure stage which defines GETHOSTBYNAME_HANDLES_NAS --
this succeeds on 2.6, and fails on 8.x (obviously not binary compatable.)

There is a way in which we can fix this:  Why don't we _always_ run the
segment of code in sa_common.c (~ line 420) where we do a strspn to see
if we are dealing with dotted-quad notation?

-- Jon