apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: expat config.*
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:52:30 GMT
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 04:12:28PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Why is it that after I do this:
>
> cvs up -C
> make extraclean
> ./buildconf
> ./config.nice
>
> I get this:
>
> root@deepthought:/root/apache/httpd-2.0-8# cvs up
> M srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/conftools/config.guess
> M srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/conftools/config.sub

Because expat's buildconf.sh script is using your system's libtoolize
script to generate them, and so they get overwritten.

** I'm very concerned that we have GPL software checked in to our
repository. config.guess and config.sub are both covered by the GPL.
There is a special exception that, by my reading, allows us to
*redistribute* the file, but not modify it! I think we need to think
again about including these modified versions in our distributions.
(Hopefully my reading of this is off, but let's be very clear about
what we're doing here.)

-aaron