apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: UUID logic required in APR?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:40:30 GMT
On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 05:43:09PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> [...]

The Windows UUIDs are a helluva better than ours in terms of uniqueness. We
compensate, but Windows does a much better job.

Because we have a #ifdef for Windows, we keep the UUID code within APR.

Truthfully, I'm beginning to think it would be best to just move all the
crap over to apr-util and have one little #ifdef in the uuid code.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/