apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Latest CVS on Solaris 8 - configure's cache-file problems
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 21:58:48 GMT
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:

> Yep... Looks like it's no problem with 2.52.
>
> Anyone have hearburn if I adjust buildcheck.sh to make 2.52 the
> new requirement?

at least a little, but I'm not exactly sure how much :)  In the 2.0.30
timeframe a colleage was unable to get "make distclean" followed by a
new ./configure configure to work on AIX when using autoconf 2.52.
Backing down to autoconf 2.13 resolved the problem.  But maybe that
has been fixed problem has subsequently been fixed (some stray file
left around?).

I didn't see an indication of which autoconf version you had problems
with.  I just did cvs update and ./configure on Solaris 8 using
autoconf 2.13 and so far it has gotten past the APR configure.

Did configure ever work for you on that machine with autoconf < 2.52?

(I guess what I'd like to say is that no autoconf is perfect -- or
perfectly supported by Apache+APR -- and that maybe some debugging is
appropriate before we start disallowing a very common version of
autoconf.)
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...