apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: apr and pools
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:17:40 GMT
"Dagfinn Aarvaag" <dagfinn.aarvaag@beepscience.com> writes:

> I have a problem with a growing memory pool when I create a server socket
> and accepts tcp connections on the server socket. It seams that the memory
> pool used for the server socket grows for each accepted tcp connection, and
> that the memory is not released when the tcp socket is closed.
> I see the same problem both on Windows and Solaris.

You aren't passing the same pool to apr_accept(), are you?  Normally
you would have a temporary pool per connection, and pass that pool to
apr_accept().

If this doesn't help, try posting enough code to see how you are using
pools w.r.t. sockets.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...